Thursday, March 03, 2005

NOT WHAT IT USED TO B

my memory - shot. nil. zilch. gonno.

i keep makin plans with ppl and then forgetting. or worse - i'm double booking! today i even triple booked. i was s'possed to go the gym with janet (at long last) but i had told my dad that i would pick up a perscription for him and "fix" internet related things. (my dad thinks his compooter is broke everytime he gets an error page) but i also told my cousin i'd help him with his essay that's due tomorrow. yoink!

i hang my head in shame and apologize profusely.

i had lunch with alan and janet today - missed a confrence call that i forgot about.

it's not just my memory - i think it's my mind. losin it. reading is hard. writting - ha! not likely. comprehension - bare minimum. i can't believe how long i've been out of school for. so finishin a degree? not lookin likely at this point - but i comfort myeslf with the thought it was never me that wanted me to get one. i think i'm doin just fine without and me and acedemia never really rubbed the right way.

so have i gotten to place that i'm goin ok with settlin in? i think so. there's no shame in my job - i do a kick ass job, know my shit and it only makes me wanna kill myself some of the time. again - not me that thought this was a rut to be gotten out of. i think i have a career. *shiver* i don't want to waste any more time preparing to live, i just want to do it. my job provides sustenance and allows for lots of down time for me to pursue other interests. there's so much i wanna try! sure, it hasn't been so comfortable lately but when it's slow - it's s-l-o-w! last year was a freak of nature. my job really is only 4 months on and 8 months of tryin to amuse myself 9 hrs a day in my cubicle.

so i'm in a good place - but maybe it's time to invest in a pda.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home