Monday, August 08, 2005

THE MOST PERFECT WEEKEND EVER

friday - Aimee Mann concert, kicked ass. she played alot of stuff from her new album The Forgotten Arm. I'm still more partial to her first couple of albums but i'm likin the new one enough. Robert Wilson opened. he was great, really mello type stuff so i bought both his cds - he's been on repeat all day.

saturday - had lunch with my parents then hung out went beach bummin down at Spanish Banks. it was so nice! i'm glad i got a chance to get there this summer. we left around 8 before the fireworks crowd started crowdin us in. later in the evening i went to Hot Jazz with salsa guy. always fun fun fun. i feel like i havent' seen him in forever since i was feelin kinda down and anti-social last week. it was one of those strange nights where every time i turned around someone was complimenting me. it was really fun. also salsa guy introduced to me to a newbie salsa-er who thought i was really good. the strange thing is that salsa guy knows me as jeni and the girl he was introducing me to was named Henny. i was thoroughly thrown for a bit.

sunday - i played my first softball game since high school. i forgot how much work that was! then i lounged for the rest of the afternoon at Gill's place by the pool. i'm sufficiently tanned and relaxed but sore from over exertion.

my spirits are soaring again now that work has settled down again. the politics seem to have come to a halt, the trouble maker has quit. life is good and i feel like myself again.

injuries sustained over the weekend:

- the back of my thighs r killin me - i wince everytime i get up from chair or if i gotta step onto a curb

- my feet and my calves r killin from dancing in heels for 3 hrs straight

- my back is killin me from pilates

- my right wrist, right arm & shoulder, left thumb is sore from the softball game

my schedule for this week:

today: 3 salsa classes
tues: got tix to Shear Madness then off to Atlantis for salsa night
wed: 1 salsa class
thurs: gym
fri: 3 salsa classes
sat: 2 salsa classes
sun: not being able to get outta bed from being so bloody sore!

life is back to normal and i'll be damned if i can't lose this last 5 pounds with this kinda schedule!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

where do u do Pilates?

ooh Shear Madness is a delight! u should also go to Vasily the Luckless (Free!) at Stanley Park sometime before the 14th. It's a good show, considering it's all ages and free!

-jaded

6:28 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look great crazy girl!

12:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home