Monday, May 02, 2005

ROUNDTRIP FROM HELL

I’ve been on hiatus from life. I’m back at work after a week and feelin sorta hazy – thank you everybody who left me messages, it really means the world to me.

Addendum to the week from hell

The Saturday before last, during which time the world was kickin my ass, I decided to go out with some friends for a night out. These nights have become so few since last summer and I was long overdue for some fun and so fun – it was decided – I would have. Or not.

I was talking to this guy – and I’m kickin myself now, thinking ‘I shoulda known’ but could I really? I had 2 drinks, 2 light barely alcoholic drinks. I was well within limits. I didn’t leave ‘em unattended, tho I do have a habit of spinnin around on my bar stool and letting my eyes wander all over the place. Anyway, this guy buys me a drink – JD & Redbull (yeck!) but I thought it was nice so I sipped politely. I was feelin ok, just a little tired so I decided to stay at the bar and just let the room spin spin spin.

At some point I felt my head hit something hard. I don’t know how long I was out for but when I came thru I was on the ground. It was strange, I could hear people talking to me, I assume they were askin me if I was ok but I couldn’t understand any of it – it was just noise. I could see outlines, faint glowing outlines around the people but mostly just black. I couldn’t hear, I couldn’t see. Someone put me back up on my stool and at some point I fell off again. I was propped up again, forward leaning this time. It didn’t take too long for my friends to get me outta there! I will never again judge anyone stumbling around lookin like they’ve had too much. I only realize now that it might not be their fault.

I went to the clinic the next day for some testing. I was told I was sportin a minor concussion of my very own and there were traces of GHB found in my system. Everybody’s pattin me on the back for only sippin those drinks and not downing ‘em. “it was so smart” – so smart or just a lucky chance that I didn’t even like those drinks? Something for me to mull over, anyway.

My immune system sorta shut down after all the excitement leaving me with a gross fever/flu thing. I’ve was feelin better by mid-week but decided I should take the rest of the week off – just in case the run of bad luck wasn’t over yet.

Now I’m back, bored outta my mind and feelin really tired. The office has gotten into Star Trek Voyager which I’ve never really gotten into. I haven’t been up and about for a while, it’s gonna take some getting used to.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, that's frightening! u hear about these sorts of things happening but never imagine it could happen to you or someone u actually know! glad you're okay!

-jaded

3:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home