Friday, June 10, 2005

AND THE RESULTS ARE IN...

I’m feelin a little deflated and gotta admit my ego needs a bit of nursing. In hind-sight tho I think I understand what happened. Nerves. I was a bit of a bumbling idiot. I’m disappointed but the experience really hasn’t changed. It was still kick ass and I’d still do it again.

#25 matched with one of the friends I went with. I’m still waiting to hear back from the other friend.

I got exactly 1 match – with # 11. He wasn’t one of the guys I was really anxious about – if anything I’m surprised, he was the last person I woulda guessed. I don’t think I really stopped to consider if I would date this guy just cuz i figured the point would be moot anyway. i actually almost passed him by just cuz...I met him near the end and I was really tired. He stood out cuz he was the only guy that mentioned books – he asked me what my favorite book was.

I’m surprised we matched cuz my response was, “whaddya mean?” Is that not the dumbest thing u’ve ever heard of?! I was slow to react to my awesome idiocy and clumsy with the save. I think I tried to amend it with something along the lines of, “I mean, gimme a genre. There’s really too many for me to narrow it down to one.” – of course, it came out in spurts of something resembling the English language. I don’t know what kinda impression he got cuz he didn’t name a genre – he just kinda stared. Finally tho – he did end up asking what genres I read. And just when I was thinking that I couldn’t look any stoopidur, I prove how exceptionally ditsy I am.

I think the cognitive process went something like this:

Fav. Book? O !book...umm...Don’t understand.

“whadda ya mean?” he means what is yer fav. book – u dumb turd! me thirsty! Quick name a book! NOISE. god, i'd kill for a peice cheescake - i wish Not Just Desserts hadn't shut down. Head still naming too many titles at once.

“…genre…many…erhm…ahhh…” quick yer losin him. dumb dumb dumb dumb. there was a point where I think I was actually singing the doom song in my head! Ivader Zim kicks ass! O! Losin him. focus! Books, I like books, I can do this. i wish my ass weren't numb. Just name one of those books that u reread every coupla years. crap! i'm slouchin r'nt i?

Him:“ what genres do u read?”
Me: “the Hitch Hiker’s Guide is always good.”

Doh! Genre, not book! Dummy. *doom doom doom doom*

He asked me if I saw the movie and then the bell went off.

THIS JUST IN: #25 also matched with other friend.

*Sigh* – well folks, the result are all in. I suck.

Nah! Seriously now, I’m pretty disappointed but mostly in myself. I’m gonna go do this at least one more time. For now, i'm just gonna comfort with myself by remembering i'm just stupid, not ugly. I’ll try to be more myself and maybe even go in with a coupla questions and get a more comfortable chair to sit in. What’s interesting to note here is that both of my friends were sitting on big comfy sofas, I guess it really lent itself to a comfy feel-good sensation. Meh – probably not. They’re both kick-ass girls and any guy would be lucky to have ‘em.

I’ll let u know how it goes next time. If I turn out to be a dud again, I’m joining the nunnery – but hopefully I’ve learned my lesson and I’ll lighten up a bit. like jaded was just bloggin about - sometimes if we're shy we can really come off as assholes! I’m sure I’ve got more to say about this – just give me a chance to let this wash over me and I’ll finish up running around the room, hitting my head going, “yoink!”

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just cause u matched 1 out of 6 doesn't make you a dud or dumb or anything! if we matched 25 out of 25 all the time, life would be much easier and we wouldn't have to seek out these types of dating games in order to meet people. U should be proud of yourself for even going and doing this. A lot of people probably wouldn't have the guts to put themselves so out there like this. Good for you and my advice would be to just enjoy it and have fun with it!

-jaded

12:19 a.m.  
Blogger tunabelly said...

u'r right & thank you. i'm gonna do it again - i'm sure i'll get the hang of it. i am really glad that i did it.

4:56 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home