Monday, February 07, 2005

GUNG HAY & MY MOM THINKS I'M A FAT CHOY

it's chinese new year on wed. i've got a ton of spic n' spanin to take care of. make sure the dishes & laundry r done and scrub scrub scrub everything shiny and clean to bring in the new year.

i spent the weekend with my family. it's a happy time despite the turmoil and hurt feelings from too many painful memories last year. my mom thought all hope was lost with one particular brother of hers but, surprise! we were invited to have dinner with them. they've been shunning us since nov. so this comes a very welcome surprise. it seems to bode well for us if we're able to repair some of the damage that was done and start the year off with a little less bagage. i know it's never gonna be the way it was but it's enough.

my dad is aprreciating the time he's been given. we've been goin out spendin spendin spending. i'm happy that dad is able to get and enjoy himself now but his sudden turn from his old miserly self kinda scares me. it makes me think he's still afraid from the tumor scare. i think it's great that jolted him to a better place but it kills me to think of my dad afraid day in day out. we've been spendin a whole whack of money on old chinese movies and food food food. i don't think i've ever seen so happy.

my brother seems to be finally growing up. he's been spendin more time with us and just bein a better person in general. i kinda feel like i have a big brother and my dad is really happy. it's all about a good show with us.

it's also the time for our annual horoscope readings and my aunts r buggin me to tie the knot. apparantly mr. right is gonna find me this year. i'm gettin down right old by thier standards and if i don't settle down soon nobody's gonna want me. newsflash: no one has 3 kids by the time thier my age anymore! out of the 60ish cousins of mine, i am 1 of 8 girls. if we're only lookin at the 20 cousins from my moms side i am 1 of 5 girls - we r the precious few. 2 of the 5 have been written off and kept at an arms length, one is a step cousin leavin 2 of us. the family is relieved that my ex and i didn't work out but according to them - i better get a move on.

my mom is always keepin tabs on my love life. an old friend told me that he had feelings for me a bit ago and we've decided to give it chance. i wouldn't call myself taken but certainly dating. dating a friend is like playin with fire in my books. i'm in a strange place but and almost certain that whoever i'm with is gonna get hurt. he was willn to take the chance so we're crossin our fingers and givin it a good try. he's a med. student so sure enough, my mom went and told the family that i'm dating a doctor. whoever i end up with is gonna have some pretty big shoes fill. i think i've got some heavy duty straightening out to do tomorrow at dinner.

my brain is a big festival of babble. i'm restless and my thoughts r all over the place. i'm gonna go sit in my corner and take deep breaths now.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i spent all weekend cleaning! I totally went through my wardrobe, organized it, got rid of things i'll never wear, and did a load of laundry. weeeeeeee! happy new year!

-jaded

1:12 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home