Monday, October 11, 2004

ANG-GRRR

what makes me tick? well, that's easy - people do. what do i do to change this? what do u do when faced with blatant dumb-assedness? it almost seems, when put in words here, that my gut instinct would be to stand up against it, but i know this isn't always so. i've come to realize that some battles are better left unfought.

situation: co-worker asks u (and this is unsolicited) who u r voting for. u say i dunno cuz u know better than to get into it. she responds that she is voting for the party that is against gay marriages and sez that this is the moral thing to do. how do u respond?

this is an example i resort to quite often. 1) it elicits a throbbing kind of rage in me & 2) perhaps i am not completely satisfied with my own reaction to it.

over lunch, where i as uaual i probably talked too much, janet left the impression that she would have done more. what did i do? well i bit myself and asked her if she was aware of any of that party's other platforms and suggested that there were other issues that concerned me beyond gay marriage. now in hind sight i feel that more could have been done to address this but, at the time, it felt like a complete waste of my time.

the world frustrates janet, as it should. people suck. i think tho, that we deal with frustration quite differently and we can't quite see eye to eye on it. this i can accept. i admire her rage but it upsets me as well. as a friend, i see her frustrated and i know that there is nothing i can do to fix it for her. i don't want to let it get to me the way it does janet but neither do i want to become complacent. there r times, like the one with my coworker, where i feel that it is better to agree to disagree. how do u make right a moment like that?

i admire u janet, cuz i know u always try. i know u try to be consistent and perhaps my biggest failing is my acceptance at my own inconsistancy. my thinking tends to be more self-centered than ur own. i try to make the world around me, my own little sphere of existence, work with me, make it as comfortable for me as possible but no i can't pick up the fight every time it's brought to me. do i perpetuate the problem? i'm not sure. is it enough that i try not to?
what's that adage about change? knowing what we can and cannot? i've come to realize that frustration is a product of encountering things beyond my control. there r things i can control and those i can't and i think i've categorized people as one of the later. there is a fine line here tho. being practical vs. turning a blind eye.

it's not ok with me that my co-worker thinks the way she does - it down right just pisses me off. i should react, i make it a point to disagree but what is beyond this?

as usual - i fail to come to a point. just some thoughts that i needed to spew after having me brain picked for a while. maybe one day i'll figure out what my point is but for now, it's got to be left where it is. i have to be ok myself or there never will be a point. is it enough that i question and never blindly accept? how can i be sure that i am still asking the right questions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home